As stated; compost will not always sell itself, periodically evaluate how well-aligned the product you create is to the expectations of customers.
- Ask your customers how you could improve.
- Look at what your competition is doing. https://www.compostingcouncil.org/page/participants
- Review the updates to the specifications on the US Composting Council website. https://www.compostingcouncil.org/page/HowUseCompost
Keep up with your professional certification.
Send more of your personnel to mentoring and educational courses.
Consider how you are reaching out to discover and capture new markets.
- Attend the US Composting Council conference and listen to previous years’ recordings.
- Attend allied industry conferences: public works, plant associations, etc.
Also look into how you can educate your customers to modify their expectations. A well-educated customer is an enthusiastically returning customer.
Compost is earthy gold!