Increase your customer’s confidence in your product through third-party product certifications.
Various types of compost product certifications can be found here:
- Certification through the Seal of Testing Assurance (STA) Certified Compost program is a great tool to market your compost. https://www.compostingcouncil.org/page/CompostManufacturersSTA
▪ The nationally recognized branding and logo are available to use for those compost manufacturers who meet the STA program rules. This is an excellent way to build credibility.
▪ Many specifications such as for state Departments of Transportation require the STA Certified Compost designation for its information disclosure, frequent testing, and regulations enforcement.
▪ STA participants are promoted to compost use specifiers through a listing on the USCC website list and map. https://www.compostingcouncil.org/page/participants
▪ Ready-made brochures are available for STA participants to customize with contact information and share with existing and potential customers.
▪ Videos to show specifiers are available in the USCC YouTube page:
▪ The USCC’s Market Development Committee creates tools for STA participants such as their social media starter kit: https://www.compostingcouncil.org/page/MarketVictoryGardens